The Carnarvon Room

 

The Carnarvon Room was the first National School in the village, opened in 1850. It soon became too small, and after a larger school was built, it was reopened in 1894 as a Men’s Institute and Reading Room. This continued in existence until just after the Second World War, when it no longer served the needs of the village. Since then it had a short career as a youth club, but by 2000 it was becoming derelict and was thoroughly restored as a Millennium Project to house the Church Office and the Centre for Local History.

Comments are closed.